Sunday, October 21, 2007

Nail-Biting in Mudville

It's 2 in the afternoon and I just saw Gone Baby Gone (more Boston authenticity in the first five minutes than The Departed had in 2 plus hours) and at the tail-end of the credit roll, Ben Affleck thanks Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz, probably just for being themselves. They weren't themselves last night, but thanks to JD Drew they didn't have to be.

Tonight however is a different story.

This may come back to haunt me, but here's my prediction for Game 7 against the Indians. Matsuzaka is going to give up 4 or 5 runs. It's what he does. If the Sox can score 6 or 7 runs, they'll win. If they can't, they'll lose. And it won't be pretty.

Do I wish they'd saved five of last night's runs for tonight? You bet.

Do I hope they'll jump all over Westbrook in the first couple of innings? Oh yeah.

Do I think the Sox will win tonight? Yes.

No comments: