Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Songs for a Tuesday Morning - I am so easily deceived

It was 80 degrees in New York on Monday. And yes, the last time that happened, it was like the groundhog seeing his shadow--we got eight more weeks of February. 

EVERYBODY IN MANHATTAN: Oh great--so it's gonna happen again, right?
ME:  Not meteorologically--only in my soul.
EVERYBODY IN MANHATTAN:  Heh--proves you have one.
ME:  Hey--you oughtta thank me.
EVERYBODY IN MANHATTAN: Why would we do that?
ME:  Well who do you think brought this weather?
EVERYBODY IN MANHATTAN: You?  Really?
ME:  Through the power of musical prayer.
EVERYBODY IN MANHATTAN: You've been whistling again, haven't you.
ME:  Singing.
EVERYBODY IN MANHATTAN: [bemused] Actual singing.
ME:  Oh yeah.  When I'm not talking to myself.
EVERYBODY IN MANHATTAN: And what have you been singing?
ME:  Two songs that feel like spring to me.  Songs that make me feel, oh, 28 again, actually.  And nothing feels more like springlike than that.  Or like these: 

Teacher, Teacher - Rockpile
Heart - Rockpile

EVERYBODY IN MANHATTAN: Bouncy.
ME:  ♪♪♪♪♪
EVERYBODY IN MANHATTAN:  Are you . . . whistling?
ME:  Yes, as a matter of fact, I--
EVERYBODY IN MANHATTAN:  Taxi!

No comments: