Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I dreamed last night we went to a hotel

I dreamed last night we went to a hotel
   And spent eight hours writhing like tangled vines
On a bed wide as Broadway, till we fell
   Apart like wrestlers undressed to the nines.
My hands could not stop stroking your cool skin.
   You kissed me like you needed one more mouth.
You made me howl when you tickled my shin;
   I made you happy when I went down south.
We bid our inhibitions adios
   And gave in to desire that wouldn’t quit--
And then we talked and held each other close,
   And that was better than the best of it.
      And when I sighed, “Let's do this till we’re dead,”
      I woke up aching in my empty bed.


Copyright 2011 Matthew J Wells

1 comment:

Horvendile said...

And not a single person asked me who it was in that hotel room with me. I love it that I have polite friends.