Friday, August 3, 2007

Amazon Math

There’s Gourmet Math and there’s Fashion Math; but nothing beats Amazon Math.

“Holy crap! Amazon has Hard Boiled for $16.99 instead of $24.95. Who cares if I blew $50 three months ago on a used copy of the Criterion DVD? That’s almost $10 off!”

“Madre de dios! Ace in the Hole is finally on DVD. And Amazon has it for $24.95 instead of $39.95! Who cares if I just saw it at Film Forum three weeks ago? That’s $15 off!”

“Sacred blue! Here’s a Buñuel film I’ve never seen before titled The Milky Way that’s selling for $19.99 instead of $29.99. Who cares if I’ve had Discreet Charm Of The Bourgeoisie for three years and only watched it once? This is $10 off!”
“Blow me down! Fleischer Popeye cartoons! For $44.99 instead of $64.98! That saves me twenty bucks! Arf arf-arf-arf-arf!”

“Whoo-hoo! I just spent $107 to save $55. I rule!”

No comments: