Monday, January 4, 2016

Our Love



My love’s a pen that won’t run out of ink.
   Your love’s a page that words can never fill.
My love’s a swaying bridge across the brink.
   Your love’s a car that always drives uphill.
My love is all the stories that I’ve told you.
   Your love is all the secrets you don’t say.
My love’s a hand that reaches out to hold you.
   Your love’s a pair of eyes that look away.
My love is like a mountain with no summit.
   Your love is like a sea without a shore.
Our love is like an endless hopeless plummet
   Down to an empty room without a door
      Where Love’s a horse that tramples us forever
      And only answers to the name of Never.

 

Copyright 2016 Matthew J Wells


1 comment:

david said...

The imagery is very rich. the final Never has the clang of a jailhouse door.