Sunday, August 17, 2014

Ever Now And Then



Today would have been my brother Gary's 56th birthday.
It's also the 30th anniversary of my mother's death.
This one's for them.


for Gary & Lenore
 
 

We all have three souls in us, say the wise:
   The Ever Soul, born of eternity;
The Now Soul, which dies when the body dies;
   And the Then Soul, which lives in memory.
The Now Soul is who we all think we are.
   It has to die so that our Ever Soul
Can take its rightful place as a bright star
   Shining on all who, under Heaven’s bowl,
Keep our Then Soul aliveas I do yours.
   The thought of you is like a magic feather
That lifts my spirits till my Now Soul soars.
   Until the day I die we’ll be together:
      Your Ever Soul in every star I see
      And your Then Soul forever part of me.
 

Copyright 2014 Matthew J Wells

 


No comments: