Monday, July 21, 2008

Weekend Update

Three days, four movies. Mad Detective (WTF in a good way), Hancock (WTF in a bad way), Mamma Mia! (check your brain at the door and sing along), and The Dark Knight (HFS in the best way possible).

Sweating. I don't remember it being this hard to get six people in the same room for a two-hour rehearsal. But then again, the last time I tried to do something like this was about six Presidents ago, when the world was young, the dollar was sound, and an hour was really 60 minutes long, instead of its current inflationary rate of 20.

Chilling. Read The Jennifer Morgue by Charles Stross, an excellent sequel to The Atrocity Archives. It's a fun-house mirror Bond movie take-off with Lovecraft demons, bureaucratic entanglements, high-tech magic, and Tom Holt similes (to coin a phrase: Cthulhupunk).

Freezing. MATTHEW THE SUCKER: Oh, look who sent me an e-mail!
BODYGUARD MATTHEW: Freeze! Now put. The keyboard. Down.
MATTHEW THE SUCKER: Maybe I'll text her.
BODYGUARD MATTHEW: Put. The cellphone. Down.
MATTHEW THE SUCKER: Can't I even just --
BODYGUARD MATTHEW: I don't have time for this, pal. Assume the position.

No comments: