Monday, September 12, 2016

Frank Mills + 50



                          May 1966 issue of Rave Magazine



Fifty years ago, I met Frank Mills
On September 12th, right here,
In front of (what used to be) the Waverly.
God, did he adore me!
But I was a mess.

His kids have kids now, I bet
(Like mine do).
They like disco and death metal,
Not the Beatles,
And they shave their hair
Until they’re smooth down there
Front and back.

I married
The singer who knocked me up
And then I walked out on him.
And now I live in Park Slope
Where toddlers wear crash helmets.

I buy food online
And clothes on credit
And Medicare won’t cover the pain
So I
Binge watch
Charlie’s Angels.

I keep trying to see
If Frank’s on Facebook
So that I can friend him.
I was finicky once;
Now I’m not hard to please.

All those random years and I
Can’t recall three back to back.

Just 
Him.

Copyright 2016 Matthew J Wells

9/12/16

No comments: