Monday, December 4, 2017

A Month of Couplets - November 2017




                 @lifeintwolines




November 2017 Couplets



11/1/17



Let's be Republicans!--And hem and haw

Until we overthrow the rule of law!





11/2/17



Loneliness terrifies me because I'm with

Someone I can't stand to spend any time with.





11/3/17



Let's be Republicans!--And smugly blame

What we burn up for triggering the flame!





11/4/17



My bad romances are the children of

A needy dad and moms who feel no love.







11/5/17



Because my heart's an alcoholic souse,

It guzzles love and blacks out playing house.





11/6/17



Let's be Republicans!--And always battle

To make sure men can treat women like cattle!





11/7/17



Just body parts won't start my carnal car--

It's all about whose body parts they are.





11/8/17



Let's be Republicans!--And bravely fight

To make this country bigoted and white!





11/9/17



Between the ignorance and the mendacity

Our leaders put the ass in incapacity.





11/10/17



An ounce of hope lifts despair's ton of pressure

And one kind act's the stone that breaks Hate's thresher.





11/11/17



              Two Ideas Of Love



His heart believed her love could validate him;

His insecurity's what made her hate him.





11/12/17



One kind of love always ends in rejection:

Mistaking affectation for affection.





11/13/17



Never give up--but let surrender be

The way your spirit fights for victory.





11/14/17



Let's be Republicans!--And talk the talk!

And then go backwards every time we walk!





11/15/17



If wanting was enough, I'd be a saint;

But that takes love, self-knowledge, and restraint.





11/16/17



What justifies our political lust?

This motto: In Rich White Male God We Trust.





11/17/17



May my life always be a meal that feeds

Not what my journey wants, but what it needs.





11/18/17



When false friends talk behind my back, why curse?

If they knew ALL my flaws, they'd say much worse.





11/19/17



My lower self looks for a pit to fall in;

My higher self, a prospect to stand tall in.





11/20/17



Everything that we get in life's a loan.

Why cling to things that we can never own?





11/21/17



Arrogance--greed--rudeness--despoliation:

My country is an uncivilization.





11/22/17



Now is not then and will not ever be.

Let it go--it's one sure way to be free.





11/23/17



My life's been gifts and blessings by the tank-full.

I give thanks that I'm still here to feel thankful.





11/24/17



Joy's flowers are all watered by my tears;

My courage is the daughter of my fears.





11/25/17



Ask me my flaws--I'll tell you ten at once.

Ask me my gifts--I stammer like a dunce.





11/26/17



Bad decisions teach me how not to fail

Like storms at sea help me learn how to sail.





11/27/17



All sins can be forgiven--except one:

Using The Bible like a Gatling gun.





11/28/17



The ego: "Seek revenge for every hurt!"

The heart: "Treat foes like flowers, not like dirt."





11/29/17



The present is a diet of fresh meat

But it's the past's stale leftovers I eat.





11/30/17



Each time I undertake a plan of action

My monkey brain gets dazzled by distraction.



Copyright 2017 Matthew J Wells




No comments: